3/17/2021

How my Flare Audio Hero saved me from the Dragon of the washing machine!!

Before my late diagnosis in the autism spectrum, I had no idea about my sensory issues. And no amount of observational skills could help me realise my sensory sensitivity with only myself as a reference. 

I couldn't understand how the washing machine and the hoover were not scary for most other people. But I couldn't spot the noise as the cause of my frustration.

After my diagnosis I tried noise cancellation options but as much as they help me stay calmer in the supermarket and the kitchen they didn't work for me. I stopped using them because they isolated me completely.

I have two young children to take care by myself and not being able to listen what's happening around me is not an option.

One day, right after I was complaining to a friend about my sensory issues again I saw a Facebook add about Flare Audio and I thought to follow the synchronicity and give it a go.

Finally I am not afraid of my chores, the supermarket or my kids playing noisily anymore!!

I can wear my Flare Calmer for hours, without being isolated or damage my ears (other in-plug noise cancellation options can't be used for so many hours every day.)

I totally recommend Flare Calmer for any neurodiverse person with noise sensory issues. They are my best autism companion. I use the cool metal case to curry them always with me. I love them.

PS. I still need something 'stronger' for Noise-Cancelation sometimes. Flare Isolate is always my best option for the supermarket and all crowded places.













2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was a kid, self-diagnosed misophonia but would be considered "neurotypical", I guess. But, for the record, if instructions say to wait one minute, I will be counting 60 Mississippis or elephants or something. A minute to me also equals 60 seconds. I have the Calmer Night and I'm looking at buying the daytime ones. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post. 😀
      I totally have the Mississippis thing too. 😉
      Luckily, I am a very heavy sleeper, so I don't really need the Night ones.
      I think you will like the 'day' version of them. 😊
      Stay safe and take care ❤💜

      Delete