6/25/2020

Lotus

Hello dear future historian,

Just a quick thought today, to show you my new ring.
You know.. my childhood self hated my Lotus name.
I would get so upset if I knew that I would proudly wear that ring!
In Greece people can't even pronounce it (which makes even more ironic the fact that now people can't pronounce my last name, here in the UK. :-p And why did they write it with 'ou' on my Greek passport anyway? What does 'Lotous' suppose to mean?) 
Long story short, going to a public school with that name, was like having a tattoo on my forehead, saying: 'bully me.'
But.. as we all know.. Lotus (and maybe even Lotous) might grow in the mud.. but that doesn't stop a Lotus to get its full glory.
So.. here I am.. a proud Lotus.. with a ring.
Sorry my dear childhood me
At least I wrote a book, as I promised you. And I am writing another one. ;-)

Take care and stay safe my dear future historian.
Always remember the child you where. (Sorry if you are a clone and that is offensive.)


2 comments:

  1. Χαίρομαι για το άρθρο σου, το σχετικό με τ' όνομά σου. Πάντα ήμουν περήφανη για σενα, Λώτους, και το όνομά σου, που θα αφήσει το στίγμα σου μ' αυτό στην Ιστορία, ως τον δημιουργό των έργων σου.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ευχαριστώ πολύ μαμά. <3
    Σ'ευχαριστώ που πάντα με ενθάρρυνες να γράψω, και που είσαι πηγή έμπνευσης. <3

    ReplyDelete