8/06/2020

Interconnection, through-out history

Dear future historian,

01:43pm

The thought of you started when I was a child. One day, when I was about 9 or something, I saw the coolest thing I had seen so far. Archaeologists discovering skeletons, just a block from our flat. Greece is full of ancient stuff if you dig (the metro in Thessaloniki is being paused by ancient discoveries about a million times by now (since the '80s!)

I was playing in that ancient ruins place for about 2 years, when one day, coming back home I saw people being gathered there. I went to see what was happening, because I was there just some days ago (OK, the place was suppose to be not-open-for-the-public yet, but it's not my fault that they did't thing kids can get through the fence, or maybe it was Indiana Jones'  fault, role models and stuff. OK I was just a bit naughty, there, I said it. Happy now?)

There I saw the archaeologists, brushing gently the skeletons, and right away I realised that they.. by discovering history.. they become part of that history. Or maybe it was when they told us at school for Manolis Andronikos, not sure. whatever the case.. it was clear, whatever is lost in time, burried in the ground and all that.. nothing could be

10:06pm 

Hello again. sorry for the interruption. I think I left it where there was 'nothing hidden under the future historians,' right?

10:27pm

I just wrote a bunch of stuff, and I accidentally lost them!!

I honestly need a break.. talk soon

10:53pm
OK, I think I am more willing to face the 'lost paragraph,' after that break.

But now I have to proof somehow that it wasn't just the first writing divine, by the muse ( = combine Moses' commandments with the Greek Muses, Moses with Muses!)

That day I knew that probably these (now)-skeletons had no idea that 2k years latter they would cause so much commotion. That the future archaeologists will be so willing to brush them out, to investigate them, to try find out as much as possible about them.
From that day, whenever I was hiding behind the corners of these roman ruins (whenever an adult was passing by - I wasn't suppose to be there, remember?) I could imagine ancient people (of course then they where just people) hiding too -like me- in these corners, or meeting someone to whisperer a secret, or maybe another naughty kids -like me- hiding among the adults, when she/he was suppose to be.. where were kids suppose to be back then?

And did any of them imagined me, as I imagine them? Me or any child so fascinated by the interconnection we all have, though-out history, by touching the same rocks, by leaving letters to each-other, by Being here, the perpetual Here and Now..?

I know about them, but I wasn't sure if they ever thought of me.
On that day I first thought about you, my dear future historian.

But it's getting latte on me here and now and I must go. Goodnight my dear future historian.

Note to self: hope it's not too obvious that I don't have the time/energy to proofread it!
Note 2: maybe connect that thought with Sartre next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment