8/14/2020

Miracle engineering

8:10 am

Dear future historian,

 

Sometimes we already have what we asked for, and we don't even know, we don’t even notice. I saw a tree some days ago, that reminded me of one of my stories. It looked like another important tree of my life.

Back in 2014 when we came in the UK, it was hard to find a property to rent, without credit history here. While we were looking, one day, we were passing by a beautiful tree with pink flowers. My daughter loved it, and she asked me to find a house there. It was a kind of posh neighbourhood, so I told her that.. well.. I don't think so.

So, we didn't find a house there. 😛 But we found a flat, in ..

 

10:26 pm

 

.. a place near the seaside, with one of the best sunsets ever (that's what I had asked for.)

At some point, about a year later, we moved. It was around Autumn. The Winter pasted by, the Spring started, the flowers arrived..

One day, we were going to the nearby park. It was raining the past week, so it has been awhile, since our last visit to the play area. Walking about a block from our house, we suddenly saw it!!

It was the pink tree, that my daughter wished we'd find a place there! Just because the day we saw it, back then, we were still too new in the town to know where about that neighbourhood is, we had no idea, all these months, that our new house was exactly where she wished. Months and months passing by that tree.. and we didn't even know.

How many other blessings do we pass by, not paying attention, not noticing them?

We don't live there anymore. Two years ago, we moved to another place.. that I had wished (a bit harder) to live in.

Nothing happened 'magically.' A lot of work, a lot of efford to improve our lives, a lot of packing, a lot of auto-pilot-in-order-to-survive-mode. It's the stone of Sisyphus, that I mentioned at some point, I suppose.

The saying sound valid. 'Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.'

Miracles can happen.. but it's mostly up to us to make them. Just like the bicycle can take us anywhere, but we must work on the pedals.

Now I would love to settle at my own place one day, one that I can draw on the walls, and put all my paperwork somewhere once and for all. One 'base;'

I can still bicycle-balance.

As we got the seaside flat, and the pink tree house, and finally the place we are today, I will wait/work for my own place.

We need to trust Life.. but be willing to work for our dreams.

I met many people that believe they can just wait nicely.. and the World will bow before them. It's like they forget, what Alan Watts, so vividly remind us.. *

We are Gods.. but so is everyone else.

In a way, miracle is not exactly working for your wish to be achieved. It’s more like manifesting it by working on convincing the Universe, and the other Gods around you, that you are ‘worthy’ to get it.

For some reason, the goals that I have worked on the most, did actually work out. But the weird fact of the story is that, usually, the practical unfolding of events that lead to the achievement.. were almost irrelevant to my efforts! It’s like I never really know how to get where I want, but if I state where I wanna go, and start walking.. even if I am going to the wrong direction, Life picks me up and puts me where I need to be.

The leap of faith is not with the idea that there is a hidden path under you, even if I love that Indiana Jones part. **

The leap of faith is with the knowledge that.. even if you can’t fly, you can still be caught.

 

Almost 12 am. I need to hurry so I can post this..

 

Note to self: I think I can’t post every other day when uni starts, even if you insist. It's 12:03 already..

P.S. You can read more details about that story in my How to engineer miracle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckiNNgfMKcQ

** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-JIfjNnnMA



2 comments:

  1. Love the bicycle metaphor! Keep on pedaling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jay. ;-)
    (I need at some point to get a bicycle again!)

    ReplyDelete