7/30/2020

Adulting (and support network)

Dear future historian,

Bitter sweet today (29/07/2020).. My only 3 friends in the city are leaving. 'Party' night, but with the separation sadness. It's not that I am alone, I have my mum and my kids, but it's nice to have a wide support network. And now my friends will leave, and it's not like the pandemic leaves many opportunities to meet new people. So, now I have no one nearby to have a 'socially-distance' meeting.. only FB** calls.
Most of my friends are in the sea side in Greece and I hate them anyway.  😛
I would be in Greece too now, we had plain tickets for a trip to Thessaloniki. We cancelled after the lockdown. We live in weird times. Yet, as humans, what we do best is to adapt. And we will. And life will go on. Hopefully with us.

In general I am in a mixture of different projects, with a huge 'to do' list, and a lot of instability atm.. but, as it has happened before, I am taking a lip of faith, and move forward to my studies. It would be my first* full time year (*after 16 years.) And I don't wanna neglect you, my dear future historian, due to lack of time. But the reason of my letters to you is to help me keep sane, not to give me an extra reason to freak out.
I have found that when I realised my limits and I restricted my expansions to more reasonable targets, I get the sense of completing and sharing something, instead of the shame that comes with unrealistic expectations. 
Having said that, I try to not let that be at the expense of my long-term goals. I will keep writing to you. I'm even thinking to make a book out of my blog's entries, with you and my short stories, every Christmas. 
But we have to choose our battles. And give ourselves some credit for all the effort adulting requires.

Note to self: 
- So, what's my point here?
- Not sure actually. 'Keep walking' I guess.
- Oh, OK. Cool.

P.S.I Why do you think I'm panicking? I don't get it!

P.S.II I found that collage in FB memories. I did it 6 years ago. I love FB memories.

**FB = Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment